[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Side Stripe Kits
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Side Stripe Kits



I can't afford Gullwing or DeLoreans or any other magazines. I'm a
suscriber to four already and keep getting my name signed up for
another two years with out me knowing about it until my birthday.
Happy birthday, here's the bill.

I've seen your stipes on ebay for.. a long time. Always thought it
was a company who sold them. Still love your car. The polished rims
are cool!

Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
wrote:
> I am not going to name names, but there are others out there who
are selling
> stripes.
> I know there are some blokes in the UK that took some measurements
from
> James Espey
> and made them out of regular sign grade vinyl.
> There is another vendor who used my exact same stripes as template
to make
> thier own
> but I have not seen the material they are using nor have I heard
from anyone
> who has
> bought them from this vendor.
> I know that I have sold quite a few sets to all happy customers so
far.
> If you have the last issue of GULLWING, they have a 2 page article
with a
> sample
> peice of my material.
> - VB
>
>
> >From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx>
> >Reply-To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Side Stripe Kits
> >Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 05:15:40 -0000
> >
> >Ok, from what your pictures looked like on Ebay that's what I
thought
> >but some companies try to take the cheap way out and use poor
> >material or they don't know what they are doing and put to much
tape
> >on them and it's a pain in the fingertips to get off. As soon as I
> >get my car running good I may order some, first things first.
> >
> >Josh
> >
> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
> >wrote:
> > > Actually, I peeled the stripes off my car just yesterday.
> > > It was only about 85 out, and not too hot.
> > > They had been on there over a year or so, and they came right
off.
> > > They are very thick and will not tear.
> > > The material they use now a days is better than they used 25
years
> >ago.
> > > There was some slight residue left behind but came right off
with
> >some
> > > Goo-Gone
> > > and a rag.
> > > I needed to take them off because the time machine did not have
> >stripes.
> > > Truth is, you could have just stuck these onto another car and
used
> >them if
> > > only
> > > I had something to stick them too in the meantime, some transfer
> >tape.
> > >
> > > The material I am using was actually meant to be used for
flooring,
> >and
> > > roofs of vehicles
> > > as I am told, the stuff is tough and meant for the outdoors.
> > > I am willing to bet it will hold up, and hell, if you need to
> >replace them
> > > every 20 years
> > > or so I think they will be worth the money!
> > >
> > > - VB
> > >
> > >
> > > >From: "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx>
> > > >Reply-To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > >To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > >Subject: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Side Stripe Kits
> > > >Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 04:15:52 -0000
> > > >
> > > >VB
> > > >
> > > >How hard would it be to uninstall you kits? I don't have a kit
yet
> > > >but do plan on it in the future. I'm asking because, say I'm 20
> >years
> > > >down the road and the things start to crack. I detailed cars
for
> >two
> > > >years and hated when customers like farmers, rodeos, Churches
and
> >the
> > > >power company wanted me to get the stickers off the side of the
> >van.
> > > >I only did it a few times because I kept on sctraching the tar
out
> >of
> > > >the paint because the stickers were baked into the paint
almost,
> >and
> > > >our heat gun was broken all two years so we used adhesive
remover
> >and
> > > >a razorblade. Now it's easy for me to do but back then, boy.
> > > >
> > > >Josh
> > > >
> > > >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley"
<videobob@xxxx>
> > > >wrote:
> > > > > When you say "kits", do you mean more than one?
> > > > >
> > > > > You can easily tell the difference between the repro's like
mine
> > > >and the
> > > > > originals.
> > > > > The originals have a thin seam around the edges, and
the "DMC"
> >is
> > > >screened
> > > > > printed onto
> > > > > a smooth section on the fender in silver paint.
> > > > > The reproductions do not have the seam, and the "DMC" is
cut out
> > > >and not
> > > > > printed.
> > > > >
> > > > > There are not many unused original sets left, and I believe
that
> > > >the one set
> > > > > that I have on hand is one of the best available with all
the
> > > >original
> > > > > instructions, the squegee applicator and all.
> > > > >
> > > > > I was considering selling them if someone were really
> >interested in
> > > >them,
> > > > > however
> > > > > I am not anxious to get rid of them.
> > > > > I think I would have to have something on the order of
$500.00
> >to
> > > >let them
> > > > > go.
> > > > > However I would not use them for the car, especially when
you
> >can
> > > >get my
> > > > > repro's
> > > > > for only $99.99 and they are not only as good but better in
my
> > > >opinion.
> > > > > Unless you are going for a concourse car or something....
> > > > > - Videobob
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > >From: Packodenton@xxxx
> > > > > >Reply-To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > > > >To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> > > > > >doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > > > >Subject: [DMCForum] DeLorean Side Stripe Kits
> > > > > >Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 23:44:37 EDT
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >Dear All,
> > > > > >
> > > > > >A recent purchase of original side stripe kits (NOS DMC
dealer
> > > >inventory)
> > > > > >has me concerned. Should these kits be "saved" or can the
kit
> >be
> > > >installed
> > > > > >on
> > > > > >the car?
> > > > > >
> > > > > >In addition, how can you tell the difference between an
> >original
> > > >large side
> > > > > >stripe kit and a reproduction kit?
> > > > > >
> > > > > >Sincerely,
> > > > > >Mike
> > > > > >
> > > > > >NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND
NONPUBLIC
> > > >INFORMATION.
> > > > > >IT
> > > > > >IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR
ENTITY
> >(IES)
> > > >NAMED
> > > > > >ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT. 
If
> >you
> > > >are not
> > > > > >the
> > > > > >intended  recipient of this document, you are notified
that any
> > > >review,
> > > > > >dissemination,  distribution or copying of this
communication
> >is
> > > > > >prohibited.  If you have
> > > > > >  received this communication in error, please notify me
> > > >immediately by
> > > > > >return
> > > > > >  email, delete the electronic message and destroy any
printed
> > > >copies.
> > > > > >Thank
> > > > > >you for your cooperation.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> >




SPONSORED LINKS
Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte


YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS






Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive