[DMCForum] Transaxle Upgrade and Moddifications.

[DMCForum] Transaxle Upgrade and Moddifications.

Ok. I asked this over on DMC's new tech site, but didn't quite seem to
get the answer I was looking for. And perhaps someone here could chime
in with a tidbit or two.

I'm looking to swap out the trans in my car. Not looking to replace
the Renault UN-1 with another model (I like the shift pattern), but
rather I want a like trans, with better gear ratios. Preferably from a
Renault Fugeo, or R17 Gordini.

Since I have to crack the trans open to flip the differential, I'm
figuring that I may just also go ahead and take the internals from the
donor trans, and just swap them over into the DeLorean. I have concern
that while the bellhousing may fit, the chassis mounts, and
shiftlinkage may not work. The DeLorean is a front loader, and I know
that the Esprit is a side loader. I have no idea about the rest of
these cars.

So, does anyone have any experience with these trans, and doing
something like this? I see no reason as to why I couldn't just take
the gear sets, and drop them into place with the forks from the stock
DMC trans. I see no reason why I couldn't do all of this, because the
UN-1 seems pretty standard all the way around, and should be
interchangable. But I'm always on the lookout for some tips and hints.

-Robert

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS