[DMCForum] Re: This forum vs. Real Life

I agree. The problem that we have here is that there are people with
opinions and they're right. Where there are people there are going
to be arguements. We could make it better by knowing when to end so
we don't turn into the DML. Moderators is a good name for
babysitter. If you ever noticed I have posted to the DML like 5
times as far as I can remember.

Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx>
wrote:
> Just a thought I had:
>
> Everything that goes on here would also go on in real life. If this
> group got together in a bar, I don't believe the conversations
would
> be any different. Less heated, perhaps, but the same topics would
be
> discussed. I know this because, like the rest of you, I've been to
my
> fair share of large, informal social events. People group together
and
> debate anything you can imagine.
>
> So, if we're in agreement on that, then riddle me this: Why do
people
> have a problem with it here? The only difference is the
communications
> medium.
>
> True, people are unsubscribing, just as people in real life would
walk
> away from the table after they've had enough. But others will join,
> and many who left will come back for more.
>
> This place is like one giant, never ending DeLorean social event.
And
> I'm having way too much fun here. Tell me again why we want to
change
> that? Are we striving to be some sort of "respectable" (artificial)
> forum that caters to everybody regardless of the thickness of their
> skin? Because in my experience, those never go well.
>
> Let's face it, this forum has been "down the toilet" from day one.
> It's never reached any level of respectability. You saw Toby's
> response, "I see things haven't changed around here." Nobody has
ever
> taken this place seriously, so why bother trying to change that?
Are
> we afraid there will only be half a dozen of us left when all is
said
> and done?
>
> -Ryan, who wishes this was web based so we could have different
> subject areas and, therefore, "a place for everything."

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS