Re: [DMCForum] Re: Alternative fuel.

I had considered a system where the "brake" would turn
a hydraulic compressor, and fill a spring-loaded
reserve tank.  Then, the next time you take off from a
stop the fluid would be released back in to the
compressor (which would now be a hydraulic motor) to
launch the car.

This would reduce the power requirements on the
regular engine.

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You take a huge 12 cylinder diesel engine, and
> couple that up to a
> generator. This thing generates electricty that
> powers electric motors
> on the trucks down below, and propell the entire
> locomotive. What's
> also cool, is that these things also have an
> electric jake brake of
> sorts. Imagine regenetive braking on your regular
> hybrid, but instead
> of the power being used to charge a battery pak, the
> electricity is
> "burned off" by a bunch of coils that heat up, and
> an exhaust fan that
> blows the hot air out of the top of the locomotive.
> The common
> description is that it's like a giant hair-dryer,
> which is pretty
> accurate. The electic motors that drive the wheels
> then become
> generators durring this process of braking. And the
> more power the
> heating coils demand, the more load the generators
> have to endure, and
> demand more torque to keep up with the process.
> Hence they become
> harder to turn, and then act as a brake.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS