[DMCForum] Re: Texas Tea..

Nuclear Power is certainly the way that we should go. The problem is
just that it so antiquated a concept to simply use it to generate heat
to power a steam plant. And the fact that envirovangelests such as
Green Peace always want to use nuclear as a fundrasier excuse for both
their members, and an extorsion platform against the government, by
way of nonsensecal lawsuits...

Who knows when it's going to be completed, but down in New Mexico
they've got a new reactor which utilizes fusion to create 150 megawats
in less than an eighth of a second. It uses very little enriched
uranium, and consumes all material in the process. So there is no
waste, and no need for breeder reactors. I'm trying to remember what
the name of the thing is, but it's out in White Sands.

They're retrofitting the entire thing right now, and kick it up to 330
megawats, as well as building a giant series of capacitors to help
store and evenly distribute power. Louisiana Energy Services right now
is building a new Uranium Enrichment facility down in NM to process
the potash. And Texas gets to get a new low level nuclear waste
repository about a hundred or so miles across the border, for
conventional disposal.

But the big hope is the refurbishment of the old supercolider, cum
powerplant. If it works, things will most certainly change. However,
there will still be LOTS of opposition from the coal mines, and
coal-fired plants in NM. They're not going to be happy about being put
out of business...

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:
> YES!
>
> While we're at it, we need to start building more nuclear power
> plants. Whoever decided "nuclear plants are bad" and put a stop to
> their construction should be shot. We have several half finished
> nuclear power plants a few miles from where I'm sitting...
>
> -Ryan
>
> On 9/14/05, Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxx> wrote:
> > Which reminds me... We have more oil reserves in the US than that
whole area.  Especially in oil shale. Will someone please tell the
tree-hugging environmentalists to go to h**l, and start drilling in
Alaska etc, and let us build a couple of new f*?)(*g refineries???

> > (sigh)

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS