From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of DMCVIN6683
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 5:17 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Down for season

I think my car is down for the season due to an electrical short that
killed my new battery Sunday. I tried to charge the battery and it was
shorting out my charger.

I diagnosed my problem by removing my battery and connecting my
electrical tester on the negative and positive battery terminals and
started to remove one fuse at a time till i discovered the short. The
short is for my interior and door lights. I have to remove the roof
section because i think that is where the short is because my tester
beeps almost every time i wiggle the door wiring harness. My car is off
the road till next year unless i can kill the short and keep my
interior lights any everything else working. I am not happy because of
this new problem.

Anyways if i cant correct this problem or give it a band-aid it will
give me a jump start at removing my engine and starting my winter
project.

This is a sneaky problem that might just be a problem that others are
having where there battery mystery just goes dead because when i hook
up the new battery everything just seems fine but the short is still
there and it doesnt blow fuses.

My car would always keep the battery charged for months so i know this
problem  just started.

Mark V

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte