RE: [DMCForum] Wal-Mart

Yea, that was me..  and I never said what Wal-Mart did
was GOOD..

When we had the outsourcing discussion, I never said
"boycott all companies that outsource".  Clearly, it
is not a reasonable action to take....

I assume there is a reason the stores are laid out the
way they are.  I just dont know what that reason is!
One would think you put the most desirable items at
the furthest point to force the customers to see more
items as they walk through the store... However, I do
not think the automotive department is the most
popular.

On a similar topic, they have these HUGE aisles (in
all of the big stores).  One might think this is a
requirement for safety or fire code??  But as the
store begins to age, the aisles fill up with stacks of
boxes, and other "marketing" crap to the point where
you can barley fit one cart past, no less the fat
asses you see in a place like Wal-Mart.  Why do they
have to make you trip over boxes to get through the
store?  And the local townships do nothing to enforce
fire and safety codes (here in NJ at least).

... Yes, a slow day at work today!

> This from someone who once bitched about IT jobs
> being outsourced overseas?
> Hey, it's just capitalism that your job was taken
> away so some guy in India
> can get paid less than half of what you got paid.

<SNIP>

> Didja ever notice most stores, well corporate stores
> at least, are like
> this?  There is a reason they do this.
>
> Greg

http://mail.yahoo.com