Re: [DMCForum] Wal-Mart

Actually, I don't shop for clothing that much at all..
Most of what I wear are gifts because my friends and
family know I will wear something until it color is
completely faded and it has more holes than good
material.  I hate shopping, especially for clothing.

My visits to Wal-Mart are for things like Oil,
anti-freeze, soap, bleach, other home cleaning
products (Windex, and such).  When I am there I will
browse through the DVD section, but rarely buy.  I
will awe at the ability to sell a DVD player for
$29.95, but never buy.  I do admit, I will pick up
jeans, or a shirt if I see a good deal and happen to
need those items, but it IS RARE.

Pre-Walmart I would buy my oil and other car items at
NAPA or Pep-Boys, but the price was MUCH higher.  The
household items I would get at the supermarket, and
again the price was MUCH higher.  I find that a
monthly visit to walmart covers almost all of my
physical (me getting in the car to go to a store)
shopping needs.  I almost never cook at home, so I no
longer need to go to the supermarket and have started
using on-line autopart places (RockAuto) for my cars
because they are cheaper, always get the part correct,
and less hassle than going to the NAPA or Pep-Boys.

The ma and pa stores wont negotiate on items like Oil,
and dish soap.  They can't compete with WalMart..
Thrift store?  I don't know of any in my area, but
doubt they sell Oil and Dish soap.

--- Erik Geerdink <dmcerik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh Marc, just when I was starting to like you more,
> you go and say your shop at Wal-Mart.  You don't
> have to buy from big corporations.  Go to some of
> your ma and pa shops around your community and see
> what they have for a change.  I do it all the time.
> You want cheap?  go to the local thrift store for
> clothing.  The little money you spend there goes to
> a good cause.  Hell, its cheaper than wal-mart if
> you can believe that!  The hunt is the best part
> about it.  Finding a brand new shirt that you would
> pay $50 for anywhere else...and getting it for $5!!
> Thats money in my pocket.  And money in the pockets
> of the people who really need it.  I see absolutely
> NO reason to ever step foot inside of wal-mart
> again.  They have nothing there that I can't get
> from the local guys around my area.  And as far as
> high fructose corn syrup?  Go to a store
> specializing in natural foods.  Like a Whole Foods
> or any one of the smaller "natures market" type
> stores.  Yup, it cost more...but it so much
>  better for you and you can't even compare the
> taste.
> Marc, you are wise in your age, but you have much to
> learn...

> Erik

http://mail.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10