Re: [DMCForum] Wal-Mart

Oh Marc, just when I was starting to like you more, you go and say your shop at Wal-Mart.  You don't have to buy from big corporations.  Go to some of your ma and pa shops around your community and see what they have for a change.  I do it all the time.  You want cheap?  go to the local thrift store for clothing.  The little money you spend there goes to a good cause.  Hell, its cheaper than wal-mart if you can believe that!  The hunt is the best part about it.  Finding a brand new shirt that you would pay $50 for anywhere else...and getting it for $5!!  Thats money in my pocket.  And money in the pockets of the people who really need it.  I see absolutely NO reason to ever step foot inside of wal-mart again.  They have nothing there that I can't get from the local guys around my area.  And as far as high fructose corn syrup?  Go to a store specializing in natural foods.  Like a Whole Foods or any one of the smaller "natures market" type stores.  Yup, it cost more...but it so much
better for you and you can't even compare the taste.
Marc, you are wise in your age, but you have much to learn...

Erik

Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I buy all of my oil, filters, and other general
supplies for my cars at Wally World (DMC filters come
from PJ Grady).  They are by far the least expensive
for these items which are identical to what the auto
parts stores sells  (To those who claim that Wal-Mart
uses slave labor in Asia to keep the prices low).

The claims of Wal-Mart putting others out of business,
that is the American way.  Capitalism.  Sure, it is a
shame that the smaller stores can't survive because
they do not have the buying power of Wal-Mart...  But
I am not going to spend $1.79 a quart for oil at NAPA
when I can get the same oil at Wal-Mart for $0.88 a
quart.

The claims of slave (or slave like) labor for clothing
items are probably true, but whenever I read or see
any of the reports on this behavior, the wal-mart
clothing is being made right along with Macys, Target,
The Gap, Disney, and so on...  Same crap, same labor,
just a different label on it.  Sure, it sucks that
these people are being abused, but better the money
stay in my pocket then go for profit to the
corporations.  I see no way to qualify a product as
"build slave free".  It would be worse than trying to
buy High-fructose corn syrup free food!

I just wish they (ALL multi-purpose stores) did not
make you walk all the way to the furthest back corner
of the store to get to the auto department!  (I will
sometimes park at the quick-lube door and walk in and
out there..)

--- Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> PS
> Wal-Mart car batteries SUCK but their pre-mixed
> Prestone coolant (with
> demineralized H20) is more than a buck cheeper than
> the same stuff at Autozone.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10 Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte