disaster only warrant his attention when his family is in the gov?

Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
DMC Vin 03461
Listen to the best music of all time at www.fmtimemachine.com

-----Original Message-----
From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Bob Brandys
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:35 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Katrina Response

I think the emergency response to Katrina is deplorable.   The news
people can find thousands of people with no food or water and the
government has done nothing.

The US government can drop free food and water in foreign countries but
they can't do it here.

I wonder why?   Oh yes, the army is off fighting an illegal war and too
busy to help the US citizens.

Even the national guard is understaffed because they are in Iraq.

How come nobodies asking questions about the terribly slow response to
help these US citizens?

10% of all our gasoline is refined in one place.   That's stupid.
Years ago, the Defense department never allowed US manufacturing and
refining to be so centralized,, because it was a defense risk.   What
happened to that policy. ?

I know it existed because at Johnson & Johnson we met with DOD every
year to guarantee that all our manufacturing was scattered around the
country.

BOB

Yahoo! Groups Links

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS