[DMCForum] Re: Hybrid question for Dr. Dave - Paging Dr. Dave...

[DMCForum] Re: Hybrid question for Dr. Dave - Paging Dr. Dave...

The plug in car is a fantasy, you still have to pay for electricity to
charge the batteries.  So no matter what you do you are going to use at
least a little bit of fossil fuel.  Every electric company in this
nation buys and sells power from someone else.  And most are fossil
fueled plants.

Until someone comes up with a viable fuel cell car, we are all
handcuffed to petroleum based fuels.  Even the new hybrids, have a gas
engine.

Bernie

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> Dave Stragand wrote:
>
> > It amazes me that some folks are dropping everything and spending
over
> > sticker price to get a hybrid to "save money on gas".  These folks
don't
> > seem to realize that spending $25,000+ on a new car to save $500-
$1000
> > is essentially spending MORE money.
>
> Nor do they look at basic energy conservation. Take out the motor and
> the batteries, and just run on the engine, the car would get better
> mileage. It's all about emissions in cities
>
> Martin

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS