Re: [DMCForum] Making a DMC Diesel.

The XUD was used in Peugeots and Citroens from about 1984 to 97 and as
far as reliability is concerned..... you're laughing. They need a cam
belt every 50k miles, an oil change every 6k (same as a D) and the
headgasket is prone to failure every 150,000 miles or so, but the head
can be faced.
They were available in turbo and non-turbo, but the turbo ones stonk
along and can boost up to 18psi with the stock turbo. The only snag is
where to put the intercooler.

I'm a Citroen man so don't know much about the Pug versions, but I do
have the haynes manual. Somewhere.

Martin

Marc Levy wrote:

> XUD is the newer generation of the XD that was in the
> Puegeot 505 here in the states?  or is the Citroen not
> the same at all?
>
> Even so, I dont think those XUD engines will be easy
> to come by here...  Now we are back to the business
> idea of importing european diesel engines to the USA.
> :)
>
> The best I can find is the XD3T 2498cc Turbo
> from an 85-86 Peugeot 505... and even those are rare
> here! (only 2 Peugeot Diesel cars even listed on Ebay
> right now!)

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS