[DMCForum] Re: Plug-in Hybrid.

The air conditioning system on a hybrid car is driven off of the
accessory belt in a hybrid car, which is in turn driven by the engine
itself.

So if you drive a Hybrid vehicle, and run the A/C, the hybrid functions
of said vehicle are automaticly disabled, and it is moved by the
engine. Thus, they are not feasable vehicles. You need A/C to cool, and
to defrost in cold/humid climates. And hybrid engines do not get as
good gas milage, as their counterparts used in non-hybrid cars. Don't
know the figures for Toyota, but I have seen on the news where the
Honda Insight gets worse gas milage than a Civic DX in this senario.

Hybrid cars: Still not the solution to our problems.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/hybrid_tinkerers;_ylt=AqHTf5qHqNiUgQja1zdkDOE
DW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl