Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

Ah, see. this is what I was talking about!  Boil
grease in my garage?  Treat it with Lye?  Sounds like
a big process.  More than just heating some fryer oil
and running it through a filter.

BTW, you seem to be using "greasel" and "biodeisel"
interchangeably.  Again, I thought they were
different.

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dude, I wouldn't pour straight grease into a car.
> The gylcol (stuff
> that makes soap) would clog it in no time. Ever seen
> what happens to
> a cup of grease at room temperature?
>
> You've got to render as much glycol out as possible,
> from the grease.
> Either boil it to seperate everything, or chemically
> seperate it out
> with lye (like your drain cleaner does to open the
> pipes). From
> there, they do have this neat
> preseravtive/anti-coagulent to keep the
> oil from geling. It's like $12 a bottle, and will
> treat 125 gallons
> of biodiesel.
<SNIP>

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac