[DMCForum] Re: Gen'l purpose show 'n shine (A/C overhaul)

[DMCForum] Re: Gen'l purpose show 'n shine (A/C overhaul)

Hey Joe,

We worked until around 4 a.m., then slept until 8 a.m. and finished
buttoning up by 10 a.m. I left at 10:30.

Dan Plakosh -is- the Patron Saint of DeLorean owners. The guy is
absolutely selfless and won't back down from a fight. Either that, or
he just didn't want my car in his garage longer than the weekend. ;)

His wife was so good to us. She set us up with hot showers and a
place to crash. It was the sweetest 4 hours of sleep I ever had.

The A/C is great but it was a little strange at first. On the way
home, it just didn't seem to be as cold as I'd expect and the ambient
air temp wasn't -that- hot. I was caravan-ing with Mike Cohee. His
A/C was definitely colder. After a day or so, the temp seemed to
suddenly drop, even in hotter weather. Mike now agrees that my A/C is
definitely as cold as his. Pressures are normal and cycle times are
regular. I don't have any leaks. Dan used a sniffer around most of
the joints.

That low pressure hose was such a bear to route. It was too thick and
the fitting too long to easily negotiate the "Y" bend in the frame.
John really needs to find a shorter fitting. I've enjoyed reading and
learning more about the refridgeration cycle. I was looking at all
the different compressor types on the vehicles that had A/C at the
show 'n shine.

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe OBrien" <joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hey Rich, never got to ask, how did your AC job at Dan's turn out?
>
> How long did it take you to get it back together again? Everything
go
> ok? You and Mike were still hammering away when I left.
>
> Got my AC in 16851 all buttoned up this week as well. I'll bring it
> the next get together in May.
>

> Later,
>
> Joe
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> > Some local hot rod group has a show 'n shine every Monday evening
in
> > the parking lot of a grocery store.
> >
> > I had not been there in a while, but I enjoy going. Needless to
say,
> > I'm the only DeLorean and answer a lot of questions but I love
the
> > wide variety of cars that show up.
> >
> > Tonight there was a '70 Dodge Superbird, a '60 convertible
Lincoln
> > Continental that had two trunks; one for the convert. hardtop and
one
> > that the mafia put bodies in.
> >
> > Everyone's pretty nice and it's usually a good time.
> >
> > Rich A.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS