[DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

[DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
wrote:
> If we were there to steal oil, gas wouldn't be $2.35 a gallon.  But,
I digress -- <[SIGH]>

We didn't go to war to simply get cheaper fuels. We needed to secure
future fuels period. We can't afford another oil embargo, simply on
the word of a bunch of religious zealouts. People back in the 70's at
least had a better shot at surviving such an energy crisis. You had
more people that we accostomed to rationing and sacrifice from the 2nd
World War. People today have never sacrificed, and wouldn't know what
to do.

What concerns me about world crude oil supplies is the lack of full
truths. Instead we keep getting fed half-truths about everything. We
are told that refineries are operating at full capacity, and cannot
keep up with our demand for fuel. But they leave out the facts that we
have less refineries now, than we did previously. So this doesn't
reflect that our oil supplies are decreasing.

The same with the border along Mexico. It seems to tie in with this.
We keep friendly politics with South American countries. They supply
us with cheap labor to offset fuel costs, as we allow them to flush
out their criminals. So perhaps later on, they'll let us tap into
their oil and alcohol fuel reserves for our future use.

Now that we've secured ourselves some more time, what we need now is
more self reliance. Manufactured, synthetic fuels, and we must
throttle back our usage of energy as well. Close the borders, so that
less people can arrive to utilize of financial and energy resources as
well. It's our most humane population control we can implement.

-Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS