Re: [DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon t

Re: [DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

> Now to add to this, I'd reccomend checking out your
> local
> Phillips/Conoco/Unocal station. If you stop inside
> and purchase some
> of the items for sale inside the convenince store
> like chips, soda,
> snack cakes, or beer, they'll take like 1¢-3¢ of
> each gallon of fuel
> (gas or diesel), and will also let you combine the
> items together for
> like 7¢ off each gallon you pump. Not 100% sure of
> how it works, but
> will be trying this plan on my next fill-up. But in
> the mean time,
> here's a link:
>
> http://www.tankbankrewards.com/index.htm
>
> -Robert

I respect the fact that you typed so much to this, so
please don't take this as a personal attack or
anything to your response.  That whole system sounds
like bull to me.  Because first of all, you buy more
stuff inside, they take at most...7 cents per gallon.
13 gallons times 7 cents = 91 cents.  So that $1.09+
Pepsi just offed you another 18 cents ($1.09 - 91
cents).  So this whole incentive game is nothing more
than a red herring to me.  You "get rewarded" for
spending more money, and you're out more than you
saved.  Poo poo on that, dude.  And that's if buy a
number of items???  So one $1.09 Pepsi, they may take
1-3 cents per gallon off.  So, at most - 39 cents - so
they just made 70 cents off you at bare minimum, and
that's if you're running your car on fumes...

Reward programs always deceive.  It's like Vegas; you
will ALWAYS be out more than when you originally came
in.  One person in a while will beat the system or
"house", but the house by FAR wins more and easily
makes up for the "one rare lucky" person.  Same thing
with the "reward" program offered by Conocco/etc -
they will practically always profit more than you; you
will never save "more" by buying "more" inside the gas
station.  Just fill up your tank and go; don't waste
your money...

Now those of us they drive tanks or as the general
public calls them - SUVs - this little "rewards"
program may be worth their time.  With gas at $2.23,
it take me about $18 to fill the DeLorean.  For an
SUV...I'll bet it rivals taking 5-7 people out to the
movies on Saturday night...

Jeremiah