RE: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle? (Erik)

RE: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle? (Erik)

>Space Shuttle, Skylab, Mir, Space Station -- they're all low orbit
>projects and not terribly impressive, though it is neat to keep people
>in space for 6 months at a stretch

Not impressive?  Who has yet to achieve anything more?

>The Space Shuttle has very limited payload capacity. That's why
>rockets are used for all heavy lifting (they're more reliable too).

Limited is relative.  The shuttles were designed to be reusable, with a
ten-year life-span and about one hundred launches per vehicle.  Other
rockets are one use only, though the shuttles do use "rockets".

>I just can't believe how fragile the stupid thing is.

Fragile?  How many other man-made objects can travel about seventeen
thousand miles per hour for extended periods of time over and over again?
It only takes about eight minutes to achieve that velocity as well.

>Just like a B-2.

Media-hype BS and nothing more, like some saying the plane can't get wet.

Greg

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS