Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:30:19 -0500
   From: "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [OT] CB radio...

Unless you are a trucker....why would you want a CB?
I was really into them back when I was younger, before cell phones where the
rage.
I remember I had a pretty decent high powered unit that could hit my buddy
from
quite a few miles, and he didn't have a phone but he had a beeper....so I
would page
him with the CB channel, "#22" and he would fire up and I could talk to him
and tell him to come over....it was kind of fun.
Man, I could tell you some great stories about "commercial company",
I will save those for around the bar in Chicago!
..but as a communication device it isn't the best.

Anyway, the standard model that most everyone gets is the famous Cobra 29.
it's good and cheap and does what you need.
You can get a much smaller one but you want the power to get out.
Keep in mind that a MAGNETIC antenna is not going to stick to the DeLo,
so you might have to drill it into the back of your louvers or use double
backed tape.
The window mounted through the glass versions suck.
If you only plan to use it on the highway to talk to trucks that are within
sight
you can use just about any antenna.
The radio is not as important as the antenna, if you have a tall antenna
mounted
right on the top you will get out pretty good.
If you go to a good truck stop and ask for some boosters you can get an
(illegal)
amplifier that will boost the signal to help.

A good place for the CB would be right on top of the console, if you never
plan to touch
it then you could put it anywhere.

10-4 good buddy!
- Videobob