[DMCForum] Re: Ripped Off (Martin Gutkowski)

[DMCForum] Re: Ripped Off (Martin Gutkowski)

When I was at Stirling, something like 5 people had been killed with
guns throughout all of Great Britain (which probably included long
guns). That's it.

British crime drama used to be fascinating to watch. Lots of people
being murdered, none with bullets -- stranglings and stabbings seemed
to be the plot devices of choice (of course that was back in the day
when you only had 3 channels...).

Very different than the US. Even the police do not carry side arms
over there (rumor has it they will beat you half to death with that
baton if necessary). I saw an article in the newspaper a year or two
ago that something like 80% of British police officers threatened to
quit the job if forced to carry side arms.

Gun use is totally out of control in this country. Even the FBI can
only guess at how many are on the streets. If I'm not mistaken,
homicide has overtaken accidents as the leading cause of death for
American teenagers (what do you expect, given our overall culture of
violence, and objectification of people). Gee, why don't Arab
countries want to be just like us?

Ooo, Martin and I in agreeement? How's that Hell Thermometer reading?

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> I got to say that after your stinging serve in VB's direction, Bill and
> I have it easy :-)
>
> Eh, Bill?
>
> I live in a country where handguns are banned, and I'm very thankful
for
> it. Especially havng seen "Bowling for Columbine" which is an excellent
> film and definitely worth showing to any gun-lovers.
>
> Martin
>
> James wrote:
>
> > Sorry Martin and Bill, I love you guys too.
> > Beers for all three of you, in '06.
> > James L

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS