[DMCForum] The 2nd Amendment

Martin I would never presume to say that England or Australia were
wrong for banning handguns and that you should reverse that decision
but I'm glad we aren't doing that here and I wish people would quit
telling us how to run our country.

If you ban weapons then the only people who won't have them are law-
abiding citizens. A criminal can and will still obtain them. I've
been to England several times and I love the place but the thought of
the thousands of "big-brother" security cameras posted every where
over there makes me shudder.

I actively fight against these cameras in the U.S. I do not want the
government to monitor me, nor do I want the federal government's
protection, nor can the federal government even provide me with
protection. The only purpose these devices serve is to intrude upon
my life, and record the crime as it happened. I'll be long dead or
robbed before any watching law office dispatches a unit to assist me.
Don't take this the wrong way, but all of those cameras failed to
prevent the recent events in London.

Every study I've read shows that violent crime increased not
decreased once handguns were banned in England and Australia. If you
can post some links to studies that show the opposite I'd be pleased
to read them.

As for me, until the 2nd amendment is repealed, I will continue to
own arms and defend my home with them. I have tried very hard to be a
responsible citizen/owner by combining my military training with
safety courses and common-sense storage techniques and having open
discussions with my family.

Oh- as for "Bowling for Columbine", if you insist on watching
propoganda by Michael Moore, please at least balance it out by
reading or watching some reports from other viewpoints. I'm getting a
little tired of people judging America based soley on episodes of
Jerry Springer, "Judge Judy" and Michael Moore. These people do not
represent the majority of thinking Americans.

Rich A.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS