Re: [DMCForum] Re: Ripped Off

I admit, if they could get rid of all the guns I would be for it.
That is, if no one had them including the cops and government.

The reason "we the people", the Americans have these guns spans all the way
back to your side of the pond.
"We" have been fighting someone from the get go, the indians, British,
Mexicans and
even each other for a while.
The reason the guns were written into our constitution is because we the
people
want to know that if the need rises, we can take on those who oppose us on
our
home shores even if it is our own government.

Don't laugh ro think it is so silly.... from the time we have been on the
rock we
have been fighting for what we want.
I admit, everything we have is stolen, we put up the challenge and the
victor takes all.

Once you understand that mentality you will better understand why we
Americans
are the way we are. Southern Americans are much more so because there is
only
a few generations away from the great civil war, and most of the soldiers of
all of
our wars come from the deep south.
The southern country bumpkin is the one who is most in tune with war.
Guns and rifles are something learned at an early age...when Dad and Grandpa
take the kids out hunting and telling war stories.

The concept of an individual having the ultimate power to protect his own
family
and land is what lures us to the ultimate power of weapons.

As goofy as it may sound, if for some reason we were attacked on our own
shores
or our government were to try some sort of marshal law or control we as an
armed
people could fight back with some major force.
...I know it sounds like something that could never happen in today's times
but I am sure they thought that in the revolutionary war, the civil war,
etc...

So that is why we Americans like our guns.
As long as others have them, we must keep the playing field equal.

- VB

>From: Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Re: Ripped Off
>Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:21:01 +0100
>
>I got to say that after your stinging serve in VB's direction, Bill and
>I have it easy :-)
>
>Eh, Bill?
>
>I live in a country where handguns are banned, and I'm very thankful for
>it. Especially havng seen "Bowling for Columbine" which is an excellent
>film and definitely worth showing to any gun-lovers.
>
>Martin
>
>James wrote:
>
> > Sorry Martin and Bill, I love you guys too.
> > Beers for all three of you, in '06.
> > James L

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS