[DMCForum] 30 MPG DeLorean -- Not Worth The Engine Damage

[DMCForum] 30 MPG DeLorean -- Not Worth The Engine Damage

Just drove back from DC. Took 2.5 hours stop & go just to reach
Fredericksburg, so MPG dropped in first half of the trip. But that's
beside the point -- in broad daylight my car now runs hotter than I'd
prefer (hugs 220 with the A/C burning). And the spark plugs are
basically white. That is simply too lean for engine longevity. I'm
going to jet it richer and take the MPG hit. I have no intention of
warping my new PRV.

F Series spec is too lean, plain & simple. May be efficient burning,
but you'll end up killing the engine prematurely.

Speaking of efficient burning: I spent all week stuck in DC traffic.
*THAT'S* where air pollution comes from, not de-emissioning out here
in the provinces. It took me as long to drive from Arlington VA to
Columbia MD (Mike Cohee's house) as it takes me to drive from
Laurinburg to Winston Salem! All those cars inching towards
Fredericksburg today produced way more pollution than my little PRV
ever will, so I don't want to hear any more crap about my
de-emissioned automobiles.

Bill Robertson

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS