[DMCForum] Re: Type of LED bulb under automatic shifter?

[DMCForum] Re: Type of LED bulb under automatic shifter?

VB, thanks for your post.  I know you've tried a lot of LEDs in
different parts of the car, and didn't realize heat was NOT an issue
under the shifter.  I sort of "assumed" that it was.  I really like
the color of the stock bulbs under there, a sort of very pale white-
ish blue.  I guess I'll stick with them then.

>> "Since your shifter lights only come on with the running
lights..."

Aren't they always on when the car is on?  Regardless if your lights
are switched on or not?  (unless of course you do the relay mod,
which I don't plan to)

-Derek

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
wrote:
> Just a word of advice here,
> I would stick with the regular bulb in the shifter.
> The only advantage to using the LED's really is to save on power
usage.
> Since your shifter lights only come on with the running lights,
and since
> you would not normally have the running lights on during display,
> there is no sense in changing these bulbs unless your plan is to
> convert all of your bulbs to LED.
> I do NOT recommend doing this.
> I have run extensive testing with every sort of LED on the market
> and with the exception of the bulbs I sell for the applications
> I endorse, all other situations are better off with the regular
bulbs.
> Mainly because these applications require the wide spread and
> reflective light of the incandescent bulbs.
> LED's can only project clean light forward.
> This is why they work great for places like the doors, or the
> instrument cluster, or the center console using a side emitting
bulb.
> However, putting one of the BA7 LED's into the shifter will not
give you
> as much light as the original.
> Unlike the center console which suffers from excessive heat from
the
> bulbs, the shifter does not have this problem.
>
> I just thought I would give you my past experience opinions.
> However, if you do change it out, go for either white or blue.
>
> - Videobob
> VIN#5278
> http://www.dfwdmc.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS