RE: [DMCForum] Re: Type of LED bulb under automatic shifter?

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Type of LED bulb under automatic shifter?

Just a word of advice here,
I would stick with the regular bulb in the shifter.
The only advantage to using the LED's really is to save on power usage.
Since your shifter lights only come on with the running lights, and since
you would not normally have the running lights on during display,
there is no sense in changing these bulbs unless your plan is to
convert all of your bulbs to LED.
I do NOT recommend doing this.
I have run extensive testing with every sort of LED on the market
and with the exception of the bulbs I sell for the applications
I endorse, all other situations are better off with the regular bulbs.
Mainly because these applications require the wide spread and
reflective light of the incandescent bulbs.
LED's can only project clean light forward.
This is why they work great for places like the doors, or the
instrument cluster, or the center console using a side emitting bulb.
However, putting one of the BA7 LED's into the shifter will not give you
as much light as the original.
Unlike the center console which suffers from excessive heat from the
bulbs, the shifter does not have this problem.

I just thought I would give you my past experience opinions.
However, if you do change it out, go for either white or blue.

- Videobob
VIN#5278
http://www.dfwdmc.com