Re: [DMCForum] Re: Rarest of all PRV's

Well, Dan Shane and I pulled it apart this evening (just got back) and
the cam setup is totally different. I didn't take my camera but it's
really, really wierd.

It's still SOHC. The intake valves have seperate rockers so there're 3
lobes per cylinder. The exhaust cam has a forked arm, and all of them
run on little pushrods in the centre of the ladder, which all fall out
when you take them off! The tappets are hydraulic. The spark plug wells
go through the rocker covers and sit between the intake valves.

They're known for eating cams and those little pushrods are well worn on
this engine, and the left cam definitely needs a re-grind. Chain guides
show very little wear. Citroen did a ceramic set for them but it's
stupidly expensive (typical Citroen). I will have to price them up from
Peugeot. In the mean time we'll just build it up with new original parts
and be religious about oil changes I think.

Martin

twinenginedmc12 wrote:

> Neato.  I bet they rotate fast.
>
> Are camshafts expensive?