[DMCForum] Re: Restoration of 4512...completed

[DMCForum] Re: Restoration of 4512...completed

Where did you buy all the AC parts at? Around how much did you think
it cost to replace ALL the AC parts? And you do plan on sticking
with R-12?

Reason I ask, as I am contemplating just building a bullet proof AC
system for 16851. Basically a ground up all new AC system, and
staying with R-12, just curious what it cost you to do it all, since
I haven't heard of many that have.

Congrats on driving the car and finishing the restoration of the
frame.

Joe O'Brien

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMC Erik <dmcerik@xxxx> wrote:
> Today I put 15 miles on my car and she ran great!  The handling is
better than I could have imagined and the ride was great!  Tomorrow
I'm going to take her on the highway to get her broken in.
> I went from a very rusted frame, sloppy steering, ancient cooling
system, stock front hight old brakes, to a perfect frame, perfect
steering, updated cooling (hervey cooling system),  PJ Grady high
performance setup, and all new brakes. What a huge difference!!
> The next step is to bring it to the A/C shop to get it charged
(all new ac system too...Dick Ryan, I FINALLY have A/C!!!!)

> Before I put the rear fascia and bumper on, I printed on the
proper VIN number (4512) on the frame.  The started and completed
dates, and "In Memory of John Z. Delorean" along with his birthday
and the day he passed away.  You made a great car John, thanks!

> Erik
> 4512
> Jack Stiefel <jackstiefel@xxxx> wrote:
> I am not sure, but it seems that an institution would not have
email
> access... He might be back home now.  Have you tried calling him?
I am
> sure you as well as the rest of us have seen a steadily decline of
Walt
> over the past few months.  I really believed it was just me until
the
> now famous email.
>
> Maybe we can meet up one weekend and run past his house and see if
he is
> around... Then again maybe we should meet up and think about
running
> past his house.
>
> Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
> DMC Vin 03461