Re: [DMCForum] Clutch woes

Marc, & list,

This raised area of the flywheel -- is it on both sides of the
flywheel? Or only on the clutch disk side? Is it possible to install
the flywheel backwards?

The clutch started slipping Thursday night - I knew it would happen
eventually - so I parked the car in my garage. It's up on jack stands
right now and the transmission is ready to come out (all of the
goodies that attach to it have been removed; just have to unbolt and
extract it now). I still can't see the flywheel, but I can feel the
back (engine) side of it with my fingers, and it's got a distinctive
stepped area.

So either this stepped area is on both sides of the flywheel or I
installed it backwards. If it's the latter, please enlighten me on any
damage I may have done, and what I should do to fix it (just turn the
thing around and put it all back together? Or what?).

Regardless, I'll find out tomorrow morning what's going on when I get
the transmission out.

-Ryan