Re: [DMCForum] Clutch woes

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures; my wife has a few somewhere
of the car in pieces, but I know the flywheel won't be in there
anywhere because it went from the car straight to the store, then
straight back onto the car a day later.

So, I bled the clutch tonight. Unfortunately, it didn't make any
difference. Also, there's a new noise - sounds like a very slight,
difficult to hear metallic scraping. This noise varies with engine RPM
and comes from the transmission area. It's so quiet you can't hear it
over the exhaust standing at the back of the car, but from within the
car it's there; I leaned down next to the car, reached in and pushed
on the gas pedal, and I could hear it much better. Definitely coming
from the clutch/transmission area.

The noise doesn't change whether the clutch is in or out. Doesn't
change whether I'm in gear or neutral, moving or stopped. I can
vaguely hear it at all speeds. It does go away at idle.

The car still moves no problem. I've been driving it to work the last
few days and the clutch is not slipping or anything. I've driven cars
with clutches so bad you had to feather the engine to keep moving -
clutches that had literally only a couple of miles left before you
were stranded - so I know what that feels like, and my car isn't in
that situation (yet?).

Any more ideas? I mean, I can pull the transmission again, but I don't
know what I'd be looking for other than checking the flywheel (let me
know when you can get that picture, Marc - that would really help).
I've got half a mind to just take it to someone else and let them fix
it. I don't really want to deal with it again myself. 'course, I might
not get the car back in one piece... that's my real worry.

On top of all this I still have to fix that stupid "glug glug" noise;
I've got a lot of great ideas from a lot of people, but I don't know
enough about the fuel injection system to put most of them into
practice. I really wish I lived close to a good DeLorean mechanic in
times like these... somewhere I could drop my car off for repair when
I get tired of fixing it myself.

-Ryan