Re: [DMCForum] Re: AMC...

Ah, but that was due mostly to the change in value of the dollar, which made it more expensive to import back into the US from N. Ireland.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: content22207
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 1:37 PM
  Subject: [DMCForum] Re: AMC...

  I still drive the same AMC I drove in high school...

  Consider this: Every high school kid in America (or so it seemed)
  drove a Gremlin. For half a decade AMC couldn't build them fast
  enough. Had DMC priced their car at $12,000 as JZD originally
  intended, they would have ridden a similar wave in the early 80's --
  every high school parking lot would have been full of them.

  Pricing the car at $25,000 was the single biggest mistake the company
  ever made.

  Bill Robertson