Re: [DMCForum] Climate control fan & hot relays

Re: [DMCForum] Climate control fan & hot relays

The stock configuration is that the light comes on if
one of both of the fans fail.

The factory recall which replaced the blue module with
a jumper disables the fan fail system.

Fanzilla restores the correct function of the "Fan
Fail" light.  It also delays the fans from coming on
together, or with the AC clutch as to reduce the jolt
of all 3 loads coming on at once.

I believe (John can confirm) that the 2 X 2 system he
sells distributes the load better, but does not have
any delay in the fans coming on...  His system is
wired to turn the "fan fail" light on when the fans
are working...  There have been other modifications
over the years that also turn the light on to show the
fans are working, however I think these systems only
tell you that the fans are getting power and not that
they are actually working.

<SNIP>