[DMCForum] Re: BTTF car up for auction..

[DMCForum] Re: BTTF car up for auction..

I can't stand that show. All Coddington does is either yell at
everyone, or generate alot of animosity among all of his employees to
keep them fighting amongst themselves. He'll bitch at everyone that
they're not doing a good/fast enough job. But he never helps out
himself, let alone gives them enough time. I can't stand seeing that
guy whine and complain about people, when he himself is the main cause
of all their problems.

His cars are also quite mediocre as well. I got to see the "Boydster"
in person as SEMA. To say I was disappointed was an understatement.
The windsheild and a-pillars looked like a hack job. And the interior
was sooooo damn cheap looking. NOTHING is hand crafted with his car
interiors. All they do is have some molded plastic panels, and
sculpted foam seats that they glue leather and vinyl to. For the
amount of money that he charges for those cars, I'd expect to have
REAL tuck & roll seats that are hand sewn, as well has sewn door
panels as well. It's not hard, because I've seen other interior shops
do this kind of work. And you can't blame Gabriel (the guy whom he
farms the work out to), because if Boyd was willing to spend the money
on these cars, "Gabe" would be more than willing to accomodate the
request. That and I can't stand his lazy ass bondo-ing every car,
because they don't want to take the time to work out the dents.

Chip Foose is a far superior custom car builder. The amount of detail
the guy spends on a car, and the great taste he has when it comes to
color schemes and graphics seriously impresses me. Only once have I
never liked something that he's done. And that was those wheels on the
SEMA Mustang.

Plus Boyd Coddington is pretty shady when it comes to being a business
man. That audit by the IRS, and the criminal investigation into fraud
committed by him was well deserved. From what I've read/heard, he
stiffed vendors out of $5M, but still was able to afford all those CNC
machines, and other brand new equipment, rather than paying those
debts off.

Save for the frames, at least everyone on American Chopper actually
fabricate items, and put allot of hard work into what they do. Plus,
like Chip Foose, the guys from OCC are likable. And that goes along
way with me. Watching some tired old man yell at workers because they
can't accomodate his sudded redirections of a project in the middle of
it's fabrication doesn't entertain me. It's just frustraiting.

That and I have no respect for a moron who doesn't know how to
pressure test a cooling system, yet claims to be a "Hot Rodder".

-Robert