[DMCForum] Re: 780 Bertone (Robert) - Was: Continuing misadventures of a

[DMCForum] Re: 780 Bertone (Robert) - Was: Continuing misadventures of a Volvo/B280F PRV

Robert,

A 780 bertone came available here. A decent looking white one with a
turbo 4. So I'm looking at that (along with Miata's and 245 volvo
station wagons LOL).

This one is supposed to be a 2 owner and all maintenance was done by
a shop here in Atlanta. It has Tennessee tags though. And the radius
rods (part of those damn mcpherson struts suspension) are brand new.
Which makes me wonder...why??? The bushings go but are replacable.
The ball joints are shot as are the struts. Probably why the guy is
selling.

I'm pretty sure it's been in some kind of reck. The accordian part of
the rear bummper is compressed a bit and there is a shitty paint job.
Overall it's in pretty good shape and i'll look at it some more.

Used car searching, esp in the price range i'm in, can be
entertaining. Kind of like detective work. I'd call it fun if i
didn't need to find a reliable driver.

Carter

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:
> I like the PRV. I think it's a damn fine engine. However, I think
that
> it has the worst luck in getting put into vehicles that put it into
> bad light. Volvos and Eagle Premiers are ALWAYS ending up on junky
car
> lots, where they get sold to poor people that run these cars into
the
> ground. And with DeLoreans, they always get parked, and then started
> up before their cooling and fuel systems are properly repaired.
Hence