Re: [DMCForum] Re: Continuing misadventures of a Volvo/B280F PRV

cartermartin wrote:

> My main concern is disturbing the cylinder liners and buggering up
> all the innards of that engine. Looks like the trick (or one of them)
> is NOT to pull the heads straight off.

I've never had  a problem giving them a thump along one edge with a
rubber/copper mallet. The dowels are on the outside edge so thump it on
the inside.

> So you would pull the timing chain cover and reset the tensioniers?

Yup.

> WOuld you replace chains/sprockets at this point too?

Chains usually as they're dirt cheap. Sprockets don't break, chains do.
Still takes a serious amount of abuse to snap a chain. Think of your
push bike when you were a kid - how often did you ge that chain muddy
and did it ever snap without outside intervention (eg pebbles, or a
"friend" with a stick!)

Martin