[DMCForum] Re: Another spring question

My problem is that I can't compress the spring small enough.I can get
it to where all but two inches in, plus it is lopsided. I got one of
the cheap compressors that don't work very well. I am going to get a
good one from Auto Tech class that we got today and see if that works
any better. Yes I did take the sway bar out and put it back in, then
took it off. If I can figure out how to put the spring back in it
should only tkae me at the most an hour. I can see the light at the
end of the tunnel. I don't like working on it after dark because as
you may remember from the photos I only have a carport, and there is
a 15 foot Boa loose in the area, I would hate to damage my car:)

Josh
10989

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> What is preventing the spring from going back in?  Is the lower
control arm
> bolted to the car?  I would never recommend putting the spring in a
vice.
> Why can't you just back off the compressor until the spring relaxes
or is
> the compressor too short?  If that's the case, you could possibly
use
> another compressor that is long enough to hold the spring while you
remove
> the current compressor.
>
> Can you post a picture of your current situation?
>
> Greg

stuck..again.