[DMCForum] Re: Another spring question

Josh - I noticed that you mentioned that you pried the sway bar out
with a ball joint separator.  Are you doing all of this front end work
with the sway bar installed?  That would be the first thing to come
out, in my opinion.  You take the nuts off the ends where it goes
through the lower control arms, and then remove the two brackets that
attach the bar to the front frame extensions.  The sway bar then pulls
straight out towards the front of the car.  This gets the bar out of
the way, allows more freedom for the lower control arms, and allows
you to see just how bad the sway bar bushings through the lower
control arms are.  As Greg asked ... could you post some pictures of
the situation so that we can understand the problem?

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> I finally got the spring and everything off and the new arm on. I am
> at the part where I am supposed to reinstall the coil spring. I have
> run into a problem with the compressor. It won't fit back in. I used
> my ball joint separator to pry the sway bar out and when I did the
> whole thing just fell straight down on the ground. Is it safe to put
> the spring in a vice to get the compresspr off? I mean just hold it
> with the vice, not compress it any more. If not then I'm
stuck..again.