From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Marc Levy
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 9:46 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Engine Conversion..

I have concluded that the 3.5L Chrysler conversion is
a bust.

In the 4+ years the jerk who was making the bell
housing wasted, new engines have become available that
seem to offer similar performance with less
complications as far as ECU's.

The Chrysler engine is on Ebay, if anyone wants it..
Or knows someone who wants it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7970850014

I also have the bell housing, which is salvageable by
someone with access to a machine shop.  The cost to
pay someone to fix it was (at least by the people who
I asked) expensive.  On the off chance that someone
else wants to mount a Chrysler engine to a
DMC/Renault/UN1 trans, it is available....  Along with
the Chrysler flywheel that has been machined to take
the DeLorean clutch and pressure plate.  The flywheel
came from a 3.0L (daytona?) so it will fit on a number
of mopar engines.

My new project will use a Porsche transmission
instead.  The availability of adapters makes it a good
choice, although more than 2X the price....  I am
growing impatient, so I am willing to trade more money
for less complications.  :)