[DMCForum] Re: Lug pattern

Bill - I just thought that I should clarify something here - the lug
pattern on the DeLorean is 4 X 100mm.  This is the same pattern as
most Honda's, and many other imported cars.  There are literally
hundreds of wheels that will fit our lug pattern.  As you said
however, the issue to consider is the offsets.  Our "dual-centric
adapters" can resolve most of those issues safely.  The major
problem is with the rear wheels, which have a 21mm offset stock.
Most aftermarket wheels have a 40mm ~ 44mm offset, so we need about
20mm ~ 25mm correction.  25mm looks great for 99% of the
applications.  This gives a slightly wider stance, but still keeps
the bearing loading within reason.  The DeLorean front wheels have a
39mm offset, so the aftermarket wheels work out pretty well without
correction.  The only issue up there is with those strange studs
with the pronounced shoulder.  We have ways with those as well.

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>