[DMCForum] Re: Rebuild A/T Trans "computer".

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> Lots of people talk about rebuilding the A/T shift
> module, but I have been unable to find a list of parts
> required.
>
> Before I go pulling the thing apart, I'd like to have
> all of the parts on hand.
>
> Anyone have a list of needed parts?

Wow...  I did it *this* weekend, so I can definitely share my
findings.  The items I put in my AT governor are:
2 replacement TIP42Cs
(http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=304833)
2 10uF 50V Tantalum capacitors
(http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=282141)
and 2 .1uF monolithic capacitors from Radio Shack (for the IC pins,
get non-polarized because I have no idea which way a polarized one
should go.  :-)  )

I had also purchased some 1N4007 rectifiers as mentioned in one of the
docs on the DML tech section, but I skipped installing them.

Now if you wish to install the same fat caps that I did, the boards
will not fit back in as they originally did... they'll have to be
diagonal instead of straight.  It still closes up just fine, and the
boards are still separated, but I'm guessing this would be better done
with some 4.7uF caps (assuming they're smaller in size)  I was already
done soldering and clearcoating the boards at that point, so I was
just glad the diagonal fit seemed just fine and proceeded.

Anyway, I've driven it twice today after re-installation, and it's
like having a new car.  I'm so glad I finally worked up the nerve to
perform this hack.  I don't regularly read the Forum, so email / cc me
direct if you want additional info.

--Greg