RE: [DMCForum] Back to SUV!

Federal safety standards for passenger cars are better
than trucks.  The car is designed absorb the energy of
impact, keeping it away from the passenger.

I agree, weight is not working in my favor..  and hope
that if I am ever in a serious accident I am killed
instantly.

How does a SUV driver feel when they are "at fault"
for an accident (an awful enough feeling), but then
compound that with the additional damage (or death)
they have caused by their selfish choice of vehicles?

SUV's, and Trucks have their purpose.  I just think
they have become all too common for around town
transportation.  The young man in my example is not
running a construction business, not moving anything
large, not towing a boat, and not collecting scrap
metal.

It is surprising to me that DeLorean owners (in
general) are not more anti-SUV.  As much as I hate
driving near an SUV in my Taurus, it is 10X worse in
the DeLorean.