[DMCForum] Re: Back to SUV!

Dammit! I need to proof-read my posts before I publish them! What I
meant to say is "That doesn't mean that there is an engineering
problem with them, it's that people don't know how to control them."
I poorly edited my own post, without proof-reading. My bad there.

No, I don't bame engineers. Who I blame are morons who don't know how
to drive, and rather than gently cocking the steering wheel to
correct their drifting out of a lane, they spin the friggin' wheel.
These are the idiots who act like they're stunt drivers in a Jerry
Bruckheimer film, and cause their vehicle to over-correct, and thus
wreck.

It's like where I used to live, up in North Las Vegas. I had to drive
a few sections of two-lane road to get home. One day as I was going
down this road, some guy in a car coming my way isn't paying
attention, and started to drift into my lane. I honked the horn a
couple of times, and flashed my lights, as I began to slow down.
Capin' Dumbass on the cell phone, grabs the steering wheel, and spins
it right. He then starts to go off pavement, and then over corrects
because to get off the dirt shoulder, he spins the damn steering
wheel in the opposite direction. Except now he's slaming on his
brakes. His rear breaks loose, and begins to fish-tail a little,
until he regains control.

Now this guy had like 10 car lengths between he and I. And we were
only doing like 40-, since I was slowing down. So he obviously had
plenty of time and space between us to gently slow down, and cock his
steering wheel enough to gently get back over. Especially since I was
able to see all of this in front of me.

With people that that guy behind the wheel, it's no wonder that
people keep flipping SUVs over. Especially in top-heavy, RWD trucks.

Hey man, I don't even blame the marketing deparmnets. After all, car
makers need to put food on the table as well. And it's not like there
is an inherent problem with their products here. It's just the morons
who buy these things, and don't take the time to properly know how to
use them.

That's like blaming Remington when some fool who doen't know how to
properly handle a firearm shoots himself on a hunting trip. Same with
marketing. No one out there is blaming Ted Nugent for marketing the
sport of bow hunting to the wrong people, when someone gets shot with
an arrow.

It's just Darwinism in action.

-Robert