[DMCForum] Re: Electric powered DeLorean

[DMCForum] Re: Electric powered DeLorean

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> From what I read of his explanation, he didn't take the
> time to ensure everything was properly connected nor did he do his
research
> before buying the product.  Just my opinion, obviously.
>
> Greg

Agreed. However, how dangerous is stuff like this, when you have
unskilled assembly line workers assembling these very same systems?
Especially when you have companies like Ford who have under the table
deals with the UAW, to have quotas for unskilled labor.

Imagine the fiasco with Firestone tires, when they switched out to
unskilled workers, who didn't put the proper amounts of steel belts
into tires. You ended up with tires randomly blowing-out, sometimes
causing roll-overs, and many deaths. Now imagine these same morons
(like the one cited in the previous link) are the people installing
highly pressurized hydrogen tanks into cars...

In the Firestone fiasco, Ford took the hit, even though it really
wasn't their fault. Their product, the Ford Explorer/Mercury
Mountaineer, simply happened to be in the wrong place, and the wrong
time: Caught between the crossfire of defective tires, and unskilled
drivers. But still, this really only hurt Ford, and not the other
makers of SUVs & firestone tires. Imagine if a whole industry
switched over pressurized hydrogen tanks. One small incident like
this could cost the industry millions in shaken consumer confidence...

-Robert