[DMCForum] Re: DMCH performance engine specifications (Rick G)

[DMCForum] Re: DMCH performance engine specifications (Rick G)

SAE change was made in 1971, I think (about the same time compression
was dropped across the board).

If Houston simply bumps compression up to Euro spec 9.5:1, that alone
yields 15+ NET horses.

I believe their dyno graph shows the red line moved closer to 7,000
RPM, which would indicate some sort of change in the valve train.

Freer flowing exhaust should be worth 5 or 10 HP.

Don't forget: HP calculation depends on engine speed -- all Houston
has to do is figure out a way to get 500 more RPM out of the PRV, and
HP goes up 10% on that basis alone.

BTW: are you including the Prelude engine in your claculations? The
high compression 500 should be ~390 gross HP. That's 390 HP @ ~3,500
RPM (which could almost double if you modified the valve train to spin
even faster). You do realize your 500 is producing more torque at IDLE
than even a turbocharged PRV will ever produce at throttle.

Bill Robertson