Re: [DMCForum] And my next question is.... (about the parking brake)

Re: [DMCForum] And my next question is.... (about the parking brake)

Derek,

First find out what is making the dash light come on.

There are two things that can illuminate it:
1) the hand brake
2) the float switch in the brake master cylinder.

Otherwise go with everything Dave J said.  Squeaky brakes
seems to be the norm on too many cars.  Make sure that none
of the pads are dragging.  Push the button in on the parking
brake handle while you try to disengage it.

Walt