[DMCForum] Re: DMCJoe... Your Side regarding Chris?

[DMCForum] Re: DMCJoe... Your Side regarding Chris?

I don't have anything negative to say about DMCJoe. He was helpful to
me on a couple of times while still involved in the community.
Although, he did appear to be a bit absent-minded before he left us...

But why would you abandon a business that you've been running for 19
years, where you've also built up a great reputation, and a good
steady line of work, and then abandon it for a failing retail venture?

Too bad for both him, and the DeLorean community. Between his legal
battles, and DMCF filling in the gap he left behind, it's over for him.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean@xxxx> wrote:
> To those interested,
> DMCJoe appreciates my interest in this matter. I am to feel free to
pass this on
> to others in my own words, but have been asked to keep the email
private for
> legal reasons... so below is my paraphrasing Readers Digest version.
>
> One thing I still don't understand is why Chris's car came back with
missing
> parts that were not needed to be touched or asked to be fixed.
>
> Shannon Y
> 16506
>
> ------------------
> DMCJoe apologised for delay in response to my message. Been taking
care of kids a
> few weeks & only able to check email at night. Chris has brought a
law suit
> against DMCJoe & his lawyer has advised DMCJoe not to make public
comments on the
> topic.
>
> Update on his DeLorean business:
> Had a successful business for 19 yrs. Then lost their infant son in
> Tricomy 13. Hard on wife. After that she suffered deep depression so
DMCJoe is to
> tend to the other children (4 & 11). DMCJoe thought he was juggling
business &
> kids fine but the doctor told him to relax. He decided to shut the
DMC business
> down until his wife got better. At which time he was in the midst of
working on
> Chris's car. He said when he received Chris's car, Chris was in no
hurry to get
> it back.
>
> His wife showed improvement at the thought of running a gift/family
entertainment
> store offered to them by a friend that was all ready in financial
trouble, but
> they could turn it around. All though his wife was improving, even
excited this
> venture killed what was left of his Delorean business. They moved to
a different,
> smaller house. He moved Chris's car from a storage location to their
new house's
> garage. Their personal cars would remain outside. After starting the
new business
> he intended to finish Chris's car when he had the time to work on it.
>
> The business didn't go well, they were losing money. Working long
hours there was
> no time for anything other than work & his family. Wife not well
enough to drive.
> The business took most of their savings, but was keeping his wife
occupied. Last
> year Chris asked for his car back. DMCJoe wanted to complete the
work ASAP. Just
> before Chris came to pick up the car they were forced to close the
business and
> now broke.
>
> At pick up DMCJoe wanted to drive the car out of the garage but the
clutch master
> cylinder failed. Chris arrived. Joe inspected the car, pointed out
incomplete
> work & offered to assist any way possible to get it back together as
expected.
> Later DMCJoe filed Chaper 7 bankruptcy.
>
> DMCJoe is certain that I am aware of his good reputation. If I were
to check the
> DML archive I would see that his devotion to the DeLorean community
would be
> greater than all the other DMC vendors combined. He will do ALL he
can to make
> sure Chris will be on his list of satisfied clients. Currently
DMCJoes wife is
> working 2 part time jobs. He is taking care of the kids & running a
couple of
> websites making a few bucks. Being older he has limited job options.
His son is