[DMCForum] RE: DMCJoe... Your Side regarding Chris?

[DMCForum] RE: DMCJoe... Your Side regarding Chris?

To those interested,
DMCJoe appreciates my interest in this matter. I am to feel free to pass this on
to others in my own words, but have been asked to keep the email private for
legal reasons... so below is my paraphrasing Readers Digest version.

One thing I still don't understand is why Chris's car came back with missing
parts that were not needed to be touched or asked to be fixed.

Shannon Y
16506

------------------
DMCJoe apologised for delay in response to my message. Been taking care of kids a
few weeks & only able to check email at night. Chris has brought a law suit
against DMCJoe & his lawyer has advised DMCJoe not to make public comments on the
topic.

Update on his DeLorean business:
Had a successful business for 19 yrs. Then lost their infant son in 2001 to
Tricomy 13. Hard on wife. After that she suffered deep depression so DMCJoe is to
tend to the other children (4 & 11). DMCJoe thought he was juggling business &
kids fine but the doctor told him to relax. He decided to shut the DMC business
down until his wife got better. At which time he was in the midst of working on
Chris's car. He said when he received Chris's car, Chris was in no hurry to get
it back.

His wife showed improvement at the thought of running a gift/family entertainment
store offered to them by a friend that was all ready in financial trouble, but
they could turn it around. All though his wife was improving, even excited this
venture killed what was left of his Delorean business. They moved to a different,
smaller house. He moved Chris's car from a storage location to their new house's
garage. Their personal cars would remain outside. After starting the new business
he intended to finish Chris's car when he had the time to work on it.

The business didn't go well, they were losing money. Working long hours there was
no time for anything other than work & his family. Wife not well enough to drive.
The business took most of their savings, but was keeping his wife occupied. Last
year Chris asked for his car back. DMCJoe wanted to complete the work ASAP. Just
before Chris came to pick up the car they were forced to close the business and
now broke.

At pick up DMCJoe wanted to drive the car out of the garage but the clutch master
cylinder failed. Chris arrived. Joe inspected the car, pointed out incomplete
work & offered to assist any way possible to get it back together as expected.
Later DMCJoe filed Chaper 7 bankruptcy.

DMCJoe is certain that I am aware of his good reputation. If I were to check the
DML archive I would see that his devotion to the DeLorean community would be
greater than all the other DMC vendors combined. He will do ALL he can to make
sure Chris will be on his list of satisfied clients. Currently DMCJoes wife is
working 2 part time jobs. He is taking care of the kids & running a couple of
websites making a few bucks. Being older he has limited job options. His son is
now going thru a quick divorce & DMCJoe is trying to help him.