[DMCForum] My latest DOA run-on.

So I figured, what the hell. I've been researhing the history of my
car, because I'm tired of wondering what the hell it's past history
has been. Especially for the last 5 years now.

First, some back ground. Purchased @ DMCGG. Was told previous owner
died, and the car sat for 12 years. I would then be the 2nd owner.

I called the California DMV, and they tell me that in fact, a quick
scanning of their records shows the vehicle was smogged in 1992, and
was privately owned, before it was commercially owned by two
businesses. Cali can provide me with either printed documents, or
microfisce prints for various prices, but all years.

Needless to say, I'm a bit confused. So I decided to go ahead, and
give John Truscott a call to see if perhaps he has any history of my
car on hand.

Now don't get me wrong here. I appriciate the guy taking the time to
look up the records for me, and not charging me. Even after I offered
to pay. But calling me "...a gullible young man." for believing the
person who sold me the car (Garden Grove). "Car salesmen will tell you
anything to make you feel better about the car." Me: "True, but I've
had this car for 5 years, and don't regret buying it." JT: "Hmmmrrffff."

Truely they actively practice the old saying of cutting your nose off
to spite one's own face. Like I say, I appriciate his time and effort,
but damn. No wonder no one wants to deal with them.

Now to answer the question, no, he had no information on the past
owners of the car. It was never registered as a member of the DOA.
However, he did have my name. He said that he wasn't aware of how it
was collected, but the notes on my said, "DML". So apparently, they
are indeed collecting their information on us from the DML. Now, I
wonder if this is the same, or a simular list to what Ed Bernstein uses?

Damn shame they don't want to embrace the new generation...

-Robert

click here