[DMCForum] Re: Who maintains delorean-owners.org?

[DMCForum] Re: Who maintains delorean-owners.org?

I believe that if we were to take back the DOA, then we'd probably get
more support from everyone, than if we started a new club on our own.
Most, if not all DeLorean owners enjoy the way that we're like a
fraternity for everyone. People dig on the social events, and do enjoy
saying, "I belong" to some kind of group. Yeah, right now we do have
some great regional groups, but for those of us who don't have
something in our areas, a national club would be great. Especially if
it could unite us with other clubs close to us, where we could go for
parties, tune-ups, door adjustments, etc. And we could greatly
organize better turn out by helping everyone plan for car shows,
parades, etc... After all, more people plan ahead for decorating their
cars for Halloween, than they do participating in St. Patrick's Day
parades. We could really build up our presence.

As for current members who are fine with the way things are run, don't
bet on it. And I'm not saying that there is a allot of discontent. I'm
saying that the majority of people flat out don't care. That's why
their event participation is so low, that they had to cancel
organizing their own expos, and wanted to tie-in with regional club
events, to try and promote as their own. This was the case with the
the NCDMC, when they held that one show a few years ago, at the
Blackhawk Auto Museum.

If we were to take back the club, we would make it a priority to build
communications with all of the regional clubs. And I fully believe
that conference calls durring our meetings with everyone nationwide is
the best way to keep the club being all inclusive for everyone. Hell,
if need be, we could do audio recordings of the meetings, and make
them downloadable for all our members. I'd also want to port all back,
and future copies of DeLorean World Magazine over to .PDF format. Who
cares about piracy. If they got spread around, all the better for our
publicity. I'd also look into possibly slashing membership dues, and
reducing them down to about $50 or so.

The main reason here for wanting to take back the DOA, is to lay claim
to both the prestige of their age, and their information archives.
That's all. Otherwise, I'd rather start fresh as well, and create a
better name. But who's to say we couldn't take a vote to change the
name if we took control?

But I/we can't do this alone. That's why we'd need to form a coup, to
overcome the influence of those who do not wish for us to take control
from them. We can't get one person in at a time. That just won't work.
Instead, we need to him them all in a wave.

First however, we've got to wait for Bernstein to get out of the
picture. His influence is just too great over every one, since these
people are so damn afraid of change, and of him.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> In reference to your last paragraph, I wasn't disagreeing with the
potential
> at all.  I was talking about having to resurrect that name due to
all of the
> ill feelings in the community and then build from there.  That would
seem to
> be more work, and expense, than trying to establish a new name and
image.

> If the current members of the DOA are happy with the way things are then
> that would make it even more difficult to effect change.  Either
way, I am
> all for trying. :)
>
> Greg

click here