Re: [DMCForum] Re: Nice New York Times Article

--- Videobob Moseley <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am betting that the AP contacted them as they are
> the first thing that
> would pop up
> on a "delorean" word search, and the mentioning of
> them doing business is
> simply a fact
> that the reporter would have added to explain who
> they are and what they do.

I am willing to bet the reporter thought he was
talking to an official representative of what was once
John DeLoreans company.

<SNIP>

> DMCH might not do the type of business that you
> agree with, but one thing
> that I do believe
> when it comes to you, me, all the vendors and owners
> all have in common is
> that we all have
> a deep love and passion for the DeLorean and the man
> who made it.
> Is that fair to say?

No, not fair to say.  IMHO, most vendors are
enthusiasts who have been successful at building a
fair source of income on something they are passionate
about.  They make decisions with the car being the #1
priority, and profit being #2.

DMCH, Profit is #1, #2, and #3.  (again, my opinion)

> So despite any differences that all of us might
> have, that common thread
> binds us all together
> as brothers, like American's, like human beings.

Not an excuse for me to remain silent when I see
things being done that I think are wrong.

> Marc, for the sake of everyone's grief right now,
> let's not spread any more
> negativity
> because of a personal agenda.

I have no agenda.  No DVD's to sell, no axe to grind,
no product to promote.  I have stated many times
before, DMCH has *NEVER* done wrong to me personally
and I no motives of revenge....  or any motives at all
for any reason!

> I feel like I have lost a little something with his
> loss.
> I may have never knew the man, but it is the end of
> an era.
> A great legend is gone and now it is all of our
> responsiblity as owners to
> keep
> the "dream alive".

I just don't see how this loss is somehow an excuse
for me to overlook anything..  What about our
responsibility to our fellow human beings.  To be
treated as we would want to be treated?  This is far
more important.

> - Videobob

It is funny, reading all that has been said about JZD
in the past few days..  How he was a maverick, how he
did what he thought was right, how he took huge risks
and went against the "norm".... Then you tell me to
essentially keep my mouth shut??  Not gunna happen!

If you want me to stop complaining, don't give me
anything to complain about.