[DMCForum] Re: John's cars?

Dang!! I knew that he did a lot of the long time successful cars but
did not realize the multitute. I noticed the Vega, I'm converting
one into a drag car for a guy in northern Arkansas, in auto tech
class. I've always made fun of the car and that the designer must
have been short, Mr. DeLorrean wan't short and he knew what he was
doing. Every car that he had a hand in is the top of it's class in
everything for street racing in my area of hickville. Like the TA.
Real popular with the street racers.

I got myself trying to cry at the vollyball game I was just at, good
thing there weren't any good looking girls there :-) AH, if there
were, they can get over it.

Josh
10989

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx>
wrote:

> > I was talking to an owner of a 72 corvette about Mr. DeLorean's
> > death and i was getting teery eyed about it when he got me away
from
> > the negative to the positive. We were talking about vettes,
> > DeLoreans and all the cars that DeLorean created. Of course
there
> > was the GTO but didn't he make other cars?
> >
> > Josh
> > 10989
>
> Yeah, this has really torn me up to. Odd I suppose, because I never
> even got the chance to meet the man. But I've been the same way a
> couple of times today.
>
> DeLorean's automotive accomplishments are astounding. Not only did
he
> have a hand in the creation of a few cars, he also held the
patents on
> many automotive innovations, such as recessed windshield wipers,
> automatic transmissions, "rope drive", functional gullwing doors,
etc..

> And long before Nismo, Mugen, TRD, and the other factory
performance
> parts lines were pushed to complement owner loyalty, JZD helped
create
> "Pontiac Super-Duty" parts back in the 50's.
>
> Production cars I'm aware of are:
> Pontiac Tempest LeMans
> Pontiac GTO
> Pontiac GTO Judge
> Pontiac Grand Prix
> Pontiac Firebird
> http://tinyurl.com/48kqd
> Pontiac Trans Am
> Chevrolet Monte Carlo
> http://www.carnuttv.com/roadtests/2003_chevrolet_monte_carlo.htm
> Chevrolet Vega (forced to bring to production)
> Chevrolet Cosworth Vega
> http://www.cosworthvega.com/
> DeLorean DMC-12
>
> Protype Cars
> Pontiac Polaris (Corvair platform)
> http://members.aol.com/redbat01/web/page7.html
> Pontiac XP-833 aka Banshee (two prototypes: convertable & rumored
> gullwing)
> http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/96898/
> And there are others that I have missed, I am certain...
>
> -Robert

click here